Monday, March 28, 2011

With A Little Help From My Friend...


I put this quilt top together several winters ago. It was the first in my 'winter color' phase and the pattern and fabrics are by Kaffe Fassett. The pattern is called New Orleans Star. I have not really been able to capture the beautiful colors here...sludgy greens and mauves. I had been holding onto this top waiting to quilt it. Recently I decided that in order to move ahead with my own ideas, I needed to get help with finishing some of these tops.


So I gave this one to my good friend, Veronica Nurmi, machine quilter extraordinare. She did a fantastic job with it, designing her own quilting patterns and then working with a beautiful green thread on her Juki. (She is the one who talked me into buying my Juki and I have to say I have NOT been disappointed.) So now this quilt will go into the house to be used and enjoyed. It's nice to see it again. Hopefully more of my stack of tops will get finished now that I have a little help from my friend!

No comments: