Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Most Recent Completion


Now that Christmas is over I can show the project I've been working on over the last six months. This is a wedding gift for the oldest son and his new wife.


I started on it last summer, but got sidetracked with deadlines on other projects so decided to finish it off for a holiday gift for the two of them. It is 54" square and made from the numerous Asian fabrics I had in my stash. Most of these fabrics are old. Purchased in the 90s when I had just started sewing and was wanting to do an Asian quilt (which I never did). The edges really are straight, these photos are taken on a clothesline outside on a breezy day.


I really enjoyed working on this one, despite the issues I had while quilting the inner border which is made out of gold dupioni silk. I'm looking forward to seeing it displayed in their house, but I think this is the best view of it.

No comments: